Partnering with producers
During our last financial year, progress against our strategic objectives included:
CREATE DIFFERENTIATED AND SUSTAINABLE PROPRIETARY GENETIC SOLUTIONS
- Established our strongest-ever line-up of industry-leading dairy genetics, including record numbers of Icon Sires™, with a strong pipeline of new sires and elite females coming through our genetic nucleus.
- Continued to strengthen NuEra Genetics, our proprietary beef range, increasing the number of bulls with high genetic merit moving into production.
- Grew global sales volume of sexed genetics (including Sexcel, our proprietary product) by 47%, proprietary NuEra beef genetics by 58% and Beef InFocus (our global beef-on-dairy brand) by 21%.
SERVE PROGRESSIVE PROTEIN PRODUCERS EFFECTIVELY
- Increased the number of customers who work exclusively with ABS by tailoring packages of products and services to meet the needs of producers in different countries.
- Continued to build presence with North America customers through our whole-herd genetic strategy, based on sexed dairy and beef genetics. Sales volumes of sexed genetics and Beef InFocus grew by 42% and 30% respectively.
- Developed digital platforms as a more effective and efficient way of serving small and medium customers in Latin America, securing hundreds of new customers.
- Launched new Beef InFocus proprietary indices in North America and Latin America.
SHARE IN THE VALUE DELIVERED
- Began introducing a new contractual model for key account partners, aligning their interests with ours through pricing based on results achieved through comprehensive genetic programmes developed to meet their goals.
- Continued to validate the economic benefits delivered by NuEra Beef Genetics, demonstrating significant added value for players across the beef supply chain in head-to-head competitor trials.